CommSec investor education
Welcome to CommSec
web site tour
View our Welcome to CommSec quick-start tour, packed with important information
that will save you time and help you to start investing sooner.
your Portfolio web site tour
If you already have some experience as an online investor, this tour is packed with
time-saving tips to help you build and manage a successful investment portfolio
using the CommSec website.
in Shares webinar
If you’re new to the sharemarket, here’s the perfect place to start. In this webinar,
- Why shares can be a great investment
- How to develop an investment strategy
- Some of the commonly-used stock market terminology
- The important things to consider before you start trading and
- What happens when you place a trade on the stock market.
Packed with essential information for the novice investor, this webinar is a great
first step towards building your own portfolio.
Multiplying your investment power webinar
Gearing, or borrowing to invest, gives you a wider range of investment opportunities
and increases your potential returns. This workshop, you’ll discover how you can
use gearing to expand your portfolio, while keeping risk under control.
You’ll learn about:
- The concept of gearing and, in particular, margin lending.
- Fundamental principles for designing a geared investment strategy.
- Gearing strategies for property, shares, managed funds, or a combination.
- The risks of gearing and how to manage them.
Stock selection webinar
With over 2000 companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, it's not always
easy to identify stocks that are ideal for your portfolio. This module offers a
straightforward, practical approach to stock selection, you'll learn how to:
- Develop an investment strategy
- Make sense of the numbers behind the shares
- Decide whether a share is overvalued or undervalued
- Compare different companies more reliably and effectively
Technical analysis, sometimes called “charting”, uses charts to analyse recent movements
in share price in an effort to predict future share price movement. In this webinar,
- What is technical analysis and what does it offer?
- The basics of using CommSec's charting tools
DIY investor workshops
Find out more about our regular series of DIY investor workshops.
ASX investor education
Free online classes, educational booklets, expos and events.
Download a presentation and listen to it at leisure on your MP3 player.