If you have forgotten your password, it is no longer necessary to call CommSec to log in. Now we've made it simpler.
Just make sure your registered mobile phone number is up-to-date through the Profile > Personal Details page and the rest is easy.
With just a few clicks you can have a new password and be ready to login and trade:
- Go to the CommSec webpage
- Under the login button you’ll find Forgotten your login password?
- Follow the prompts to enter your ID/username, mobile number and replicate a code
- If all three are correct, press the ‘Get SMS Security Code’ button which will automatically send your mobile phone a security code via SMS
- Enter this security code in the box provided online and press ‘Proceed’ to create a new login password.
We take security at CommSec very seriously which is why we provide a range of security measures to keep your accounts safe. Secret Q&A, SMS validation codes and different login and trading passwords are just a few examples of this. It is important to ensure all these features are set up on your account/s and that your registered mobile number is always up-to date.
Commonwealth Securities Limited ABN 60 067 254 399 (CommSec) is a wholly owned but non-guaranteed subsidiary of Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 and a Participant of the ASX Group and Chi- X Australia.
This information has been prepared without taking account of the objectives, financial and tax situation or needs of any particular individual. For this reason, you should, before acting on this information, consider the appropriateness of the information, having regards to your objectives, financial and tax situation and needs, and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice.